The collection includes one box for each type of wildlife plus an information card with details on each wildflower mix.
Outer Packaging Dimensions: 12cm x 12cm x 1.8cm. Made from 100% recycled card.
- Bee Box A mix of native wildflowers that bees will just love! This carefully selected mix is designed specifically to attract solitary bees, honey bees, and bumblebees. Includes birdsfoot trefoil, foxglove, red Clover, viper’s bugloss, and wild marjoram.
- Butterfly Box This lovely collection of mostly purple, pink, and blue flowers is designed to attract butterflies to our gardens, balconies, and window boxes and uses only flowers recommended by Butterfly Conservation. Includes purple loosestrife, forget-me-not, musk mallow, red campion, and yarrow.
- Hedgehog Box A wildflower patch is a super addition to creating a hedgehog-friendly garden, not only in providing shelter but importantly to attract a whole range of tasty insects for hedgehogs to feed on. This mix includes yellow rattle, wild carrot, birdsfoot trefoil, tufted vetch, self-heal and poppy.
- Bird Box This careful selection of plants will boost the food supply for a wide range of birds including goldfinches, blue tits, chaffinches, greenfinches, robins, and starlings, increasing the number of birds seen in your garden. Whilst in bloom the flowers will attract insects that many birds feed on, while birds will also feed directly on the plants and seeds themselves. Includes corn marigold, poppy, greater knapweed, sheep sorrel, tufted vetch, and wild carrot.
- Beetle Box The ideal mix to attract ladybirds and pollinating beetles, who are really important for our garden ecosystems (did you know that beetles pollinated the first flowers at the time of the dinosaurs!). The mix includes common knapweed, cornflower, cow parsley, field scabious, foxglove, great burnet, and yarrow.
- Bat Box Contains a special mix of wildflowers to attract a wide diversity of insects that bats feed on (such as moths), including flowers that release their fragrance in the evening when bats are most active in our gardens. The mix also has plants with a combination of long and short pollen tubes and a range of colours and shapes of flowers to maximise the number of insects that they attract. Includes borage, cornflower, corn marigold, evening primrose, night-scented stock, and wallflower.
Each box (made from 100% recycled card) contains 6 seed balls, plus a little card insert to explain what the balls are and how to use them. Incredibly easy to use – simply scatter on top of soil or compost (no digging or expertise required!) and nature will do the rest! One box will cover 1-2 pots. Use 6 boxes per square metre in a garden. Best scattered in Spring or Autumn.